What is the best way to create a "shaking" effect where the object starts and ends in the same position?

Principle Version:Version 5.8 (5019)
macOS Version: Mojave Version 10.14.2
Sketch Version: Sketch 55

I’ve been stuck on trying to figure out how to create an animation in principle that has the same start and end point with only 2 artboards. Is this possible?

I want to create a left-to-right shaking effect on an object, but when using more than 2 artboards to try and do this, it never comes out smooth. Any advice on how to accomplish this? And in general, how do you create a smooth shaking animation for objects that begin and end in the same place? Do you need more than 2 or is it possible to do with just 2 art boards?

1 Like

You could set it up like so with 2 artboards:

A —tap–> B
<–auto–

Make b the shaken state. If you want it to move more, you could add additional artboards.

0 Likes

@Daniel So I almost got the animation to work but am having a slight stall when it is transitioning from artboard 2 to 3 even though the timeline is setup to to flow consecutively. Here is how I am setup:

1. Start state
  2. Expand state (bounce effect)
  3. End state (different than start state)

I am using spring between 1 and 2 and then ease out between 2 and 3. But it’s creating a slight stall between artboards 2 and 3. How can I smooth this out so it doesn’t stall? I have tinkered with every type of animation effect but they all seem to have that stall.

0 Likes

change the spring animation properties so that the spring animation finishes at the same time as the other animations. I’d try making the tension and friction higher.

0 Likes