Videos don't work

Have you searched the Docs and Knowledge base?
Principle Version: 6.15
macOS Version: 12.3.1
Description of what you need help with:
I embedded some videos in my principle. But all don’t work today when I preview the prototype while I can watch those video in browser after I publish it. Those videos work well last Friday (05/13/22).

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

.prd file link (we really need this to fix almost any problem):
Screenshots:

Having the same issue
Here’s the prototype: Principle
It’s just supposed to be two full-screen pages with paged scrolling and with looping videos in them al TikTok

I should add that it works on desktop browsers, just not any iOS browser. The videos either don’t play, or play but don’t loop, or switch to a blank white view, or play with sound even though sounds was turned off etc etc

@aaronbrako I just completely rewrote how video works in the browser and your sample file now works for me. Thanks for posting the file, it was very helpful!

FYI: When your iOS device is in low power mode, you will need to touch the screen for the browser allow us to play video.

1 Like

This is amazing, thank you so so much, especially for the quick turnaround! This allowed us to keep to our research schedule and not have to find an alternative prototyping approach or worse – push dates out. Very appreciative of your work.

@Daniel is it possible the fix worked for the “share version to web” option, but not the “export Local HTML file” option?

Correct, “export local html file” doesn’t have the fix yet. I’ll get that in the next update.

1 Like

I just released 6.19. It has the video fix for “export local html file”

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.