Launch component animation through drivers timeline

I’m trying to:
Simulate OnView FadeIn with Components while scrolling inside the page.

But I can’t because, all the solutions i know are :
1.Animate alpha with the drivers,
it creates an animation but it depends on my manual scrolling speed.
2.Use scroll behaviors (which are not accurate since it depends on where i stop and i can only do it with one block not many)
3.Fake it with a hover on the component block that i want to animate, but it doesn’t work as long as the scroll is still active, thus defeating the purpose.

5 Likes

I’m struggling with the same thing :disappointed:
We really need this feature! @Daniel

I agree with that.

Sometimes, I remember things were much more straightforward using Flash’s timeline and Action keyframes back then. But, let’s not talk too much about Flash. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping this topic, having a y scroll value trigger a component animation would be really great.

1 Like

This would be a time saver and would allow for more fine tuned animations.
I’m working on a prototype, with background change over different sections, while of course it is possible to change the colour on the driver’s timeline. This would be great to trigger the changes, so it will look much more like the real deal.

Any updates on that? @Daniel ?
Will this feature ever gonna be developed? :eyes:

Trigger a component artboard from the DRIVERS pannel @Daniel

Bumping on this topic,
it would really big great to trigger events through the drivers.
Given the way the application works i suppose this is not so easy to implement.

1 Like

Bumping this again! I’ve been a huge fan, user and advocate of Principle for many years now and I’ve long thought that this feature would round out the capacities of principle profoundly. It would bring prototyping to a near 1:1 with everyday site interaction needs.

1 Like