Importing selected artboard doesn't work

I have sketch 81.1 and principle 6.14 (all up to date) when i try to import a single artboard to principle the result is a failure, no problems if import all artboards from sketch. Anyone else noticed this problem?

this is the failure log:

versions:sk 81.1 → pr 6.14
log:
Script: /Applications/Principle.app/Contents/Resources/SketchImport52.js

TypeError: selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard is not a function. (In ‘selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard()’, ‘selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard’ is undefined)
at exportDirect (/Users/-----------/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:134:80)
at onRun (/Users/----------/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:950:13)

I am having the same issue with the same versions.

Failure Log:

versions:sk 81.1 → pr 6.14
log:
Script: /Applications/UI Prototype/Principle.app/Contents/Resources/SketchImport52.js

TypeError: selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard is not a function. (In ‘selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard()’, ‘selection.objectAtIndex_( i). parentArtboard’ is undefined)
at exportDirect (/Users/Adam/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:134:80)
at onRun (/Users/Adam/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:950:13)

@Adam.s @CUX I’m not seeing the issue you’re seeing. Could you share a sketch file with the issue along with what layer you’re selecting in sketch before switching to Principle to import?

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for responding. Plugin list in case it is useful.

Here is a link to a test file:

Kind regards

Adam Sheffield.
Senior UX/UI Designer University of Auckland.

Hi Daniel,
there is no specific case, the problem occurs every time I have multiple artbords in sketch and in principle I try to import only one of them (it always worked before) the issue does not occur if i import all artboards. As you know sometimes you need to make a change only in a single artboard and is a bit annoying to import all document everytime…

@Adam.s Thanks for the file.

1. Have you tried disabling all your plugins and trying to import? That may help us find the problem.
  2. What layer is selected in sketch when you trigger import? The bug seems related to that, so I do need to know that.

@CUX What plugins do you have installed?

my Plugins…
I tried to disable the plugins but the problem persists…

@Adam.s @CUX Thanks for the information. I still haven’t been able to reproduce the problem, but I changed something in 6.15 that might fix the issue for you. try out 6.15 and let me know how that goes.

1 Like

@Daniel Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. I have been busy demoing ‘Drivers’ to my team. I will test and report.

Hi Daniel just to tell you, i have installed 6.15 and it seems that the “import selected” command now works as “import page” in fact it brings all the artboards inside “Principle “ although only one was selected. However i can work anyway … hope the issue will be solved soon. Regards!

1 Like