Import from Sketch to Principle failed

Principle Version: Version 5.10 (5021)
macOS Version: 10.14.6
Sketch Version: Version 66 (97063)
Description of what you need help with:
I can’t import a new artboard to Principle from Sketch (yesterday was properly working)
This is the error:

Email both this file and the Sketch file to hello@principleformac.com
versions:sk 66 -> pr 5.10
log:
Script: /Applications/Principle.app/Contents/Resources/Sketch52Import.js

ReferenceError: Can’t find variable: MSImmutableLayerAncestry
at export_layer (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:765:44)
at process_layer (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:492:40)
at process_layer (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:521:52)
at process_layer (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:521:52)
at artboardToMetaData (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:149:35)
at flatMap (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:842:39)
at exportDirect (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:156:34)
at onRun (/Users/isabella.a.ingrosso/Library/Application Support/com.bohemiancoding.sketch3/Plugins/Untitled.sketchplugin:871:13)

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Keeping an artboard selected on Sketch, I click Import on Sketch
  2. When I click on Import selected artboard, it doesn’t work

Screenshots:

1 Like

Hello,

I have also had the same problem today when import from Sketch into Principle!
Have tired re-installing both applications and no luck. Just seemed to happen today.

I get the same Import Failure and message.

Hope this can get fixed.

2 Likes

Exact same thing is happening to me too! I can’t import the whole file or selected artboards.

Principle 5.11 is now available with import support for Sketch 66.

https://principleformac.com/download/Principle.zip

3 Likes