Error message 'Type Error: Failed to fetch' when doing a web preview

Principle Version: 6.5 (6007)
macOS Version: 11.2.3 (20D91)
Sketch Version: 71.1 (115193)
Description of what you need help with:

When sharing a cloud link for a client to view they have said they receive an error message of ‘TypeError: Failed to fetch’ The link works fine for me.

I’ve asked what their network environment is and have been told they are on a corporate network, could this be blocking something causing the error. If IT were to unblock something, what would I need to ask them to do?

Screenshots/Sketch File/Principle file: (if applicable)

This could be a lot of things.

What OS/Browser are they using?
Could you ask them to open the browser console and send you/me anything that is there?

A few things to try:

1. Open the link on their phone with wifi+VPN turned off and then with wifi+VPN turned on. If the first works and the second doesn’t, then we know the issue is with their corperate network. They can ask IT to allow access to https://api.principleformac.com
  2. Disable browser extensions / ad blockers
  3. Use a different browser
1 Like

I’ve heard back from the team that are using the link and they confirmed that they have to use an app called zScaler which might be blocking things. They are using Chrome to view the link as far as I can tell, but as its on a corporate network the IT guardians will be blocking access to Principle. I’ll get the API link over to them and report back :smiley:

This is the error message that they are getting. I shared the API link for IT to unblock, but I can imagine that they are going to be hard work convincing when they think the API has some malicious intent (which of course it doesn’t) Have you got any ideas on what I can go back to them with to see if IT will allow it?

Kind regards,

Stu

if they’re seeing that warning when visit the share link they’ll need to allow access to principleformac.com too. I’m not sure what to tell you; the site won’t work if it can’t access the files it needs. I wish I could speak to IT – there isn’t any reason the site should be blocked.

1 Like

Thanks for your help here sir - I’ll let you know how I get on with Shell IT, you never know they might be able to unblock it without too much drama :smiley:

If you or they could email support@principleformac.com details on why it was blocked in the first place I’d really appreciate it - would love to make it so that it’s not blocked for other networks too.