Developer view for handover

I’m trying to:
Handover to development.

But I can’t because:
Animations/transitions values aren’t exportable and can’t afford new licenses for developers to check themselves.

This impacts:
The whole design to development workflow.

The solution:
Ideally, the app would allow people to open files in ‘Developer mode’ if the trial is expired and no license is found, allowing a ‘read only’ mode of the file, that would help developers to check timeline animations themselves.

6 Likes

I was about to write this one !
Had the problem with a dev lately, we had to share screen and go on “greensocks ease visualiser” to approximately redo the same curves i did in the animations.

Was just about to post about this as well.

As a developer myself, I don’t see a ‘read only’ mode in Principle as being the most straightforward solution (requires app installation per dev machine, dev needing to learning the Principle UI to inspect). I would prefer being sent a image of the animation timeline, except with the exact delays and durations of each property being shown on the timeline.

I feel that a detailed readout like that, plus the animation itself as reference, would suffice to better recreate what’s being made on Principle.