Center X and Center Y Animation not Working as Intended

Principle Version: 5.8
macOS Version: Mojave 10.14.4
Sketch Version: N/A - Using Figma
Description of what you need help with:

A rectangle animation doesn’t move down and instead moves diagonal even though the Center X and Y animations are being used. The rectangles end point during the animation shows in an arbitrary place.

The gray rectangle should end up in the same place as the purple rectangle.

0 Likes

If center X is frozen, the rectangle ends up expanding in a place to the left of where the X,Y coordinates intend for it to pop up.

0 Likes

I’m not really sure what problem you’re trying to solve. please post a link to a simplified Principle file that illustrates what you mean.

0 Likes

Hey Daniel,
Thanks for the reply and really love the product your created! I watch a ton of your how-to videos.

It would be easier to show if I could upload a video here, but basically I’m trying to bring the Gray rectangle highlighted left to animate down instead of diagonally across the screen during a component animation. It’s a little hard to explain over text so here’s the file --> https://app.box.com/s/vj60cszf24b2suumktjm4c1ro4zj2c20

I’m referencing the component “Group 29” and the animation for the component called “Component 6 Auto”. I’m essentially trying to replicate the same animation you see in “Component 3 Auto” with the gray rectangle moving down and then immediately expanding in with.

Let me know if that helps!

0 Likes