Bug in preview (iOS and OSX app)

Principle Version: 5.9
macOS Version: Catalina 10.15
Sketch Version: 58
Phone: iPhone 11 Pro with iOS13.1
Description of what you need help with:
Some elements, specially components sometimes don’t show properly, they are just missing, invisible.

It is very weird, some components, will show in the Principle designer area and the iOS preview app, but not in the virtual preview in the OSX app.

Sometimes, it will show in the Principle designer area and the virtual preview, but won’t show on the iOS preview app.

Sometimes it shows everywhere as it should do.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:
It’s happening quite randomly with some files I’m working on, I wouldn’t be able to reproduce it.

Screenshots/Sketch File/Principle file: (if applicable)
I can send you file privately @Daniel if it’s necessary.

Hello,

It’s a wild guess but may be you can try this. Save your file as, on the desktop for example. See if it changes anything.

Ok, why am I saying this. I had files visibility issues while doing screenshots on Catalina. I had to change the save location to desktop. My guess is that there is a problem accessing the assets location inside the file because of visibility issues.

I think I managed to isolated the issue although is still present.

It seems to be related with nested components, so basically there’s this one component that is inside another one that won’t show in the preview on my phone, but only while I’m within the first level component, if I’m out of the component in the main window, it will show.

Not a big deal as it appears in the final prototype in the phone, but scared the hell out of me until I realised that was the issue.

I sent the file to Daniel already hope he can take a look and shed some light on this matter.

Same issue here. Something related with nested component.
macOS: 10.14.5 (Mojave)
iOS: 12.4.2
Principle: 5.8

1 Like