Background Blur feature

Two years have now passed since the implementation of this effect was announced but to date nothing… will it be possible to see some type of implementation in the future? Or should we resign ourselves to working with a program with a lot of potential but which struggles to live in the present? Unfortunately in my daily routine alternative solutions or workarounds are often not enough to achieve a certain effect, we need implementations, and honestly I often find myself telling colleagues that I can’t do this or that effect because the program doesn’t allow me to do it, even sometimes for the simplest or most banal ones, such as putting a text in a mask or applying a background blur to image or video… let’s not talk about the highly requested 3d feature… I’m in love with “principle” for its simplicity and speed in creating but we need to see more concrete improvements for the near future. Why abandon such a cool software??

Hi, I don’t recall announcing background blur anywhere. But if I discussed that, I shouldn’t have. This is why we don’t discuss our plans, because they change and features often take longer to implement than expected.

I work on Principle every day and have a lot of stuff in the works, it is not abandoned.

There is a limit to the number of features that can be added to it while still remaining simple.

Hi Daniel, believe me I didn’t make it up that it was announced. Anyway i’m happy to know that the program is not abandoned and still in progress, I won’t hide from you that I was waiting for the implementation of background blur, sometimes can be replicate it by using blurry bitmaps, but believe me it’s a rather long job and for some situations it’s not functional.

I’m a big fun of Principle and and I would like to see it grow more and more, I understand that there will be limits but limits are made to be broken. So keep pushing! :muscle:

[image]