Animation speed in exported file is too slow

Principle Version: Version 5.9 (5020)
macOS Version: Catalina 10.15.2 (19C57)

Description of what you need help with:
When exporting a prototype as Gif or Video, the animation speed (all movements and interactions) in the exported file seems to be roughly 2 times slower than in the original prototype.

Tried ALL export settings (frame rates, file formats etc) — same result

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Record a video
  2. Export to GIF or MOV
  3. See the result

Screenshots/Sketch File/Principle file: (if applicable)

Are you viewing the exported recording via the Finder window? I ask because I seem to recall that happening to me at some point a while back, and it only occurred when previewing through Finder (hitting the space bar). It was fine in QuickTime.

But, it may also have to do with retina screens. So beyond the animations, the entire speed of the video itself should be roughly or exactly at half speed, yes?

1 Like

hey, thanks for that.
doesn’t seem to be a finder or retina issue — when uploaded and played on a website or app (like Jira, Basecamp, Messenger) the video is still slower than supposed to be.

i’d say it should be roughly half speed or so

@dariavorontsova Could you send a Principle file with this issue along with a video you’ve exported that is slow to support@principleformac.com?

here you are https://www.dropbox.com/sh/px5l69hpss5kavm/AADO1TO9Ma1gg_9ioQji_KdVa?dl=0

you can easily notice that the cursor in the gif flashes slower than in the prototype