Activate animations based on scroll position

Hi, I’m trying to create animations that start when a section gets into the viewport, but I can’t figure out a way to do it. Is it possible in Principle? Ideally, it would trigger the animation in a component once I scroll down by X pixels. I don’t think there’s a way to make drivers trigger component animations, this would be perfect.

I don’t know a way to trigger an artboard change inside a component using a driver. I think that what you can do is have the animated object out of view and change it to its final position when the scroll reaches X pixels. But what may happen is that when the object gets visible the animation will be in an intermediate stage because it was playing since the prototype started.

If you’re ok demoing just on a computer, you can place a clear layer with a hover event, such that when it is scrolled into view the cursor will trigger the hover event, which can trigger an animation in the component.

2 Likes

If you can control where the animation is going to start, maybe use the ScrollEnds trigger to launch the animation?