Activate animations based on scroll position

Hi, I’m trying to create animations that start when a section gets into the viewport, but I can’t figure out a way to do it. Is it possible in Principle? Ideally, it would trigger the animation in a component once I scroll down by X pixels. I don’t think there’s a way to make drivers trigger component animations, this would be perfect.

0 Likes

I don’t know a way to trigger an artboard change inside a component using a driver. I think that what you can do is have the animated object out of view and change it to its final position when the scroll reaches X pixels. But what may happen is that when the object gets visible the animation will be in an intermediate stage because it was playing since the prototype started.

0 Likes

If you’re ok demoing just on a computer, you can place a clear layer with a hover event, such that when it is scrolled into view the cursor will trigger the hover event, which can trigger an animation in the component.

2 Likes

If you can control where the animation is going to start, maybe use the ScrollEnds trigger to launch the animation?

0 Likes