Opening Principle via Safari doesn't work

It seems like you can’t open the Principle file when you click on “Open in Principle” via Safari.

I remember this was possible before but now when you click on “Open in Principle,” it opens up the Principle Mirroring app but the prototype doesn’t load.

It works if I do it via Chrome or if I download the Dropbox app. The verbiage seems different too. It seems to work when it says “Copy to Principle.” Is there a fix for this without having to use Chrome or download the Dropbox app?

0 Likes

That’s a bug in safari. From safari, You could share the file to another app like files, then share to Principle from there

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if this will be fixed in the future?

0 Likes

I assume that Apple will fix it at some point, but I do not have any additional information about it.

0 Likes

I feel it’s the developer’s responsibility to address and solve issues like this. Instead of being a bit dismissive if a direct fix is not possible due to a third party, probing around the exploration of possibilities and solutions would be beneficial.

It seems many of us are having a very difficult time getting prototypes to colleagues and stakeholders, as well as users for testing. And looking toward the future with something cloud-based and/or generating a unique link to the .prd seems worthwhile — yet at the same time we’re aware that invokes other dependencies such as embedded fonts should the assets not be imported from Figma/Sketch.

While sharing prototypes isn’t necessarily a ‘feature’ in the app and its creation of animations, it certainly is a significant part of the design process.

0 Likes