Can't play .MOV in iOS app

Have you searched the Docs and Knowledge base?
Principle App Version: 5.3
Principle Version: 5.9 (5020)
macOS Version: 10.14.5
Sketch Version: N/A
Description of what you need help with:

I have a .MOV in my prototype and it will not play in the app. I tried another .MOV in a new prototype and it will also not play.

However, the first one produces an error (attached below) and the second does not.

Is this correct? Only .MP4 will play in the app? This is critical for us as it is client work and we need to have .MOV.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create prototype with .MOV video
  2. Sync with app
  3. Will not play - error screen possible

Screenshots/Sketch File/Principle file: (if applicable)

If the file has an alpha channel or a codec that iOS can’t play, then the phone won’t be able to play it. try using a different codec or removing the alpha channel.

@Daniel,

There IS an alpha channel as we needed to make that waveform a transparent video. However, this is indirectly related to components. I originally made that waveform a component to cycle through a few artboards giving the lines some vertical movement. The goal was to use Drivers to drive the height of that component with the slider - gif attached below.

BUT, there does not seem to be a way to resize components without having the aspect ratio locked (essentially scaling). If I could resize the component’s height vertically, there would be no need for the transparent .mov.

How to resize the component?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.